Ah summer time! I love the summer and summer vacations. I have such fond memories of beach vacations with my family when I was a child. Do you vacation with your family? Summer or winter? I never knew how much my parents went through to plan a vacation until I had my own family. Here are some tips to help you and give you peace of mind while you are gone.
- When you pack, pack only enough clothes for the days you will be gone with one extra set. Roll your clothes to minimize on suitcase space and to reduce wrinkles.
- If you are going to be gone during an extended time (longer than 2 weeks), make sure you have someone mow your lawn. Tall grass is a sure sign that no one is home.
- Invest in automatic light timers. Have them turn on and off during the evening hours.
- Do not carry a lot of cash on your trip. If you must carry cash, divide it up in smaller amounts and hide the money while you are away from your hotel room. Only tell one other person where the cash is hidden.
- Place your mail on hold or ask a neighbor to collect it each day. Make sure to bring the neighbor back something special for their help.
Traveling can be a lot of fun, but if you are worried about your home it can put a damper on things. Keep your home and valuables safe with these easy tips. No matter where your journey takes you, enjoy the ride!