Winter is almost over so it is time for you to shed your winter coat! You know what I’m talking about – those extra 10 or 20 pounds that you put on to survive the cold of winter!
Daily Exercise and Weight Control:
· Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
· You do not have to be a member of a gym to exercise. A brisk walk for thirty minutes every day will help with weight control.
· Make sure to always have something “green” with your meal, like a vegetable or salad.
· Alcohol is not an appetizer!
· Take a multivitamin daily.
· Never skip breakfast. It really is the most important meal of the day.
· Diet pills do not count as a meal.
· Diet and exercise are the safest way to lose weight.
· Eat several small meals during the day rather than eating only large meals just three times per day.
Serving Size Examples:
· Tip of your thumb = about one teaspoon of peanut butter
· Computer mouse = one serving of a baked potato
· CD (compact disc) = the serving size of a waffle or pancake
· Checkbook = a 3-ounce serving of fish
· Rounded handful = ½ cup cooked or raw rice or pasta
· Baseball or size of your fist = one serving of vegetable or fruit
· Tennis ball = ½ cup of food or ½ cup ice cream
· Golf ball or large egg = ¼ cup of dried fruit or nuts
· Six dice or one domino = one serving of cheese
· Deck of cards or the palm of your hand = a serving of meat, fish, or poultry
The weight didn’t accumulate overnight, so it will not disappear overnight either. Stick with your portion control and daily exercise and you will see results. Hang in there – it will be worth it!