Seems everyone is experiencing a lot of rain and thunder storms this week. Here are some tips to get you through:
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm.
- It is very important that you get out of the way of a storm approaching, if possible.
- Always make sure to stay inside until the storm has completely passed. (there should be at least 30 minutes pass after the last clasp of thunder)
- Stay away from windows in the event there is flying debris or lightning.
- When there is lightning make sure to unplug major appliances and turn off air conditioners to avoid a power surge in the event of a power failure.
- Avoid showering or bathing. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
- If you see someone outside on the ground and suspect they are victim of a lightning strike – call 9-1-1 immediately.