Do you have a dream? Do you have a vision of what your life should look like?
Is your dream still alive, or are you stuck in the day-to-day, “just surviving” mode? There are two major elements that make your vision effective: core values and core purpose. Core values refer to the essential and established building principles that you live by. This sets your dreams apart from others. Come up with three to five values that are central to who you are. Here are some questions that will help you determine your core values:
- Create a list of what you want in your life.
- Create a list of what you don’t want in your life.
- Do you know what you do and how you do it well?
- What are your personal values?
- What are the personal values that you want others around you to have?
Your core purpose clearly defines the reason for your existence.
- How is your health?
- How are your relationships going?
- What does your heart tell you?
- How is your financial status?
- What gives you the greatest joy?
Once you determine your core values and your purpose, it is then that you should create a vision board. A vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life.
The vision of your life is the foundation on which your present and future stands. It is a foundation of the present because it gives you the map and the fuel you need to start realizing and acting in the right way to fulfill your vision of the future.