Kitchen safety is one of the most important things you need to focus on. Fires can start so easily and get out of hand within minutes. The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking…………
- Never cook in loose clothes and keep your hair tied back.
- Keep your knives in a wooden block or in a drawer. Keep knives away from children.
- Keep your potholders in the drawer next to the stove.
- Turn pot handles away from the front of the stove. Children can pull on the handle and spill the hot contents on themselves.
- Wipe spills immediately to avoid anyone slipping and falling on the floor.
- Make sure to separate raw meat and poultry from other items whenever you use or store them.
- Do not use the same cutting board for meat and vegetables without washing in between.
(and the list goes on in the chapter!)